Tracy Morgan Loves Your Work

I recently received a handwritten love note from a customer. She raved about working with our team and ended her thoughts with “I love Bigfish.” It got me to thinking. What if every customer was as passionate about their experience with us? What would that look like? How do we create it?

The customer’s point-of-view is the most compelling. It’s a more dynamic story than the one coming from the marketing department. It’s real. Maybe imagining what that might look like can help us create a plan to achieve it. Play along with me. Let’s pretend that we’re hearing about a product or service experience from Tracy Morgan. He is the hilarious star of SNL sketch comedy, the sitcom 30 Rock, a writer and movie star with the February 26 release Cop Out. What if Tracy were thinking about these three businesses:

Dunkin Donuts. To some it’s a donut shop. But, it has so much more growth potential when Tracy says, it’s the fuel that gets me through my day. After that Dunkin Donuts isn’t just for breakfast anymore.

How about The New York Times? The self-promoting purveyor of all the news that’s fit to print. The paper business is dirty ink on my fingers but then I hear Tracy’s voice in my head. He says, NYT has the 411 on everything worth knowing. This frees NYT to deliver info to key advertiser demographics in any medium they choose. Tweet me the news, please. Text me the headlines. Or, maybe there’s an app for that.

Or, how about Tracy the suburban home owner? To him John Deere isn’t just the maker of lawn mowers. In his acceptance speech for lawn of the month he was overheard to say, John Deere is my yard’s daddy. Or, at least that’s how it goes in my mind.

What would Tracy say about your business? How can you create an experience worthy of such a passionate response? We think it starts with understanding the culture, knowing how to optimize technology to be where the customer is, and then allowing them to experience the brand in a way that only they can imagine. And, Bigfish has a strategy for that. You're gonna love it!

Write to me tim@gobigfishgo.com or follow me @twitter/timbigfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment